This week at Interserve we’re celebrating National Apprenticeship Week 2017 by taking a closer look at five of our apprentices from across the business, who share their stories and tips for success. Watch the short films and be inspired!
Why should you or your child consider an apprenticeship as the next step in your career? Well, there are many benefits to doing an apprenticeship, including:
- The ability to earn while you learn (and avoiding large debts that come with many University courses)
- Developing new skills in a way that is best suited to you
- Gaining ‘hands-on’ experience on the job.
- Receiving tailored training and gaining qualifications
- Learning job-specific skills
- Getting paid holidays
Why an apprenticeship with Interserve?
- At Interserve, we’re apprenticeship experts with a long history of supporting and promoting apprenticeships.
- In fact, many of the leaders and senior managers in our business today started their career as an Interserve apprentice. Being an apprentice with Interserve is a fantastic opportunity for people of all ages and backgrounds to learn new skills and develop in a company that is hungry for new ideas and great people.
- We’re a successful company of 80,000 employees committed to developing and nurturing the talent and ambitions of those starting out in their careers or seeking a new challenge.
- We work across a range of industries in more than 40 countries and offer numerous apprenticeships ranging from office-based roles in areas such as customer service, business administration and finance, through to trade-related apprenticeships in electrical, plumbing, thermal insulation, scaffolding and construction craft.
At Interserve, our apprentices can:
- Make a difference. Our apprentices make a difference to people’s lives and communities every day as part of a large, successful and diverse business rooted in its values.
- Go as far as you want. An Interserve apprenticeship provides a platform for career growth. Whether you are new to the business or have been here for many years, an apprenticeship can take you to the next level in your career.
- Drive change. Interserve is an innovative business where everyone has a voice. Our apprentices’ ideas and thinking will help us improve how we work in the years ahead.
Getting the right advice
We also have a specialist skills and training business – Interserve Learning and Employment (ILE) – which offers great advice on a broad selection of apprenticeships tailored to suit all learning types in a wide range of industry sectors from beauty, retail and IT to hospitality, management and social media.
Our ILE experts are involved in events taking place across the UK this week. For those of you who will be seeing us, you will gain access to information, advice and guidance from our professional team of career coaches, development officers and trainer assessors. Along with CV writing skills, interview techniques and networking opportunities, our specialists will also be informing you of the skills employers are really looking for.
If you are a budding apprentice, let our ILE apprenticeship specialists match you with your perfect apprenticeship. Visit https://learning-employment.com/ to find the right opportunity for you.
Find out more…
|Stories from our apprentices – This week at Interserve we’re celebrating National Apprenticeship Week 2017 by taking a closer look at five of our apprentices from across the business, who share their stories and tips for success. Watch the short films and be inspired!|
|Apprenticeships at Interserve – The Interserve Apprentice Academy is a vital part of our training and development programme and provides you with an opportunity to start and strengthen your career in a large, diverse business.|
|Interserve learning and employment – We help around 14,000 apprentices each year. We support individuals, helping them gain the qualifications and experiences they need to build careers. View our vacancies today.|
|Interserve learning and employment – Our aim is to redefine the future of people and places by delivering education and work-based learning that will support economic growth. Boasting a UK workforce of more than 900, we serve public and private sector clients, meeting their needs by combining tailored learning with employability skills.|